Learning more..

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Throughout this assignment I have struggled to pull away from some of the websites I have found myself on!

In class we have been discussing Contemporary dance as an art form in the 20th century -including how it has evolved. There are many, many websites which offer information on this topic and as I have been reading through them I feel I have extended my knowledge of what I have learnt in class.

'It was during the explosion of new thinking and exploration in the early 20th century that dance artists began to appreciate the qualities of the individual, the necessities of ritual and religion, the primitive, the expressive and the emotional'

'The twentieth century was indeed a period of breaking away from everything that ballet stood for. It was a time of unprecedented creative growth, for dancers and choreographers. It was also a time of shock, surprise and broadening of minds for the public, in terms of their definitions of what dance was. It was a revolution in the truest sense.'

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/History_of_dance_-_Early_20th_century_from_ballet_to_contemporary_dance/id/1472975

Comments

No response to “Learning more..”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
DANCE & THE INTERNET. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger