Loving discovery..

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Douglas Dunn's 'Talking dance' was put up during class, I copied it down into my book and was reading it over and wondered if there was anything about it online. Sadly, I didn't have any luck but I found something else (on a Douglas Dunn page) which I think is really cool -

I dance to obliterate duration.

I dance to dignify form as content.

I dance to equalize figure & surround.

I dance to put intuition in conversation with thought.

I dance to demonstrate the great facility & ridiculous limits of the un-accoutered human body.

I dance not to be stuck in one position.

I dance in order to stand up straight.

I dance because you don't have to carry your instrument.

I dance because I can't wait to be asked.

I dance to achieve a vital, non-heroic presence.

I dance to shrink to an irreducible kernel of purified being.

I dance to arouse things out there that have not yet done so to enter my mind.

I dance to have a say in what I submit to.

I dance to forget why I dance.


- http://douglasdunndance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=31Itemid=31

Comments

No response to “Loving discovery..”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
DANCE & THE INTERNET. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger