Site Specific performance

Saturday, May 16, 2009


The location that has been chosen for our end of semester dance performance is in an Alley way.

This journal has been good to keep, because it is such an open topic. The research and knowledge I am gaining from writing these journal entries is really interesting to me.

I found a website which described what a site specific performance was.
What I have learned from this website I will be able to put into practice when I am choreographing for my assignment!

The article expresses that a site specific performance is just that - a dance which is specific to that site, 'the site becomes very much a part of the dance itself'.

http://contemporarydance.suite101.com/article.cfm/sitespecific_dance_and_new_performance_spaces

Comments

No response to “Site Specific performance”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
DANCE & THE INTERNET. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger